Wednesday, January 11, 2006

results

Today was my third day of acupuncture/burning. Yesterday acupunture was used, and burning but no jabby thing or suction cup. The burning is called ttum (not mispelled, the t is aspirated). The acupuncture was done on my left leg--the injured knee is on my right. This morning the knee hurt more than yesterday and I told the doctor. He put the needles in different parts of my left leg today--including 2 in my big toe and one in my second toe. That was a weird feeling. My knee hasn't been hurting since this afternoon. I'll go back tomorrow. They know me by now. The guy behind the desk (office manager, perhaps) told me American music he liked--Chet Atkins, Eagles and...Motley Crue. Hell yeah!
He is one of the reasons I've started learning Korean again. He was talking to me in the limited English he had an I had basically no Korean to speak back. I could understand very little of what he was saying when he spoke Korean. I LIVE here for crying out loud. I should at least TRY. I'm setting what I think is a reasonable goal--study a half hour a night. Preferably right when I get home. I should be able to do it. I did it today. I found a great website--http://www.langintro.com/kintro/toc.htm The guy takes it slow and has practice quizzes in each section.
Another thing, I'm thinking of setting up a Roth IRA. Anyone have any suggestions, information they would like to share?
Finished my 2nd book for 2006--Dress Your Family in Corduroy and Denim by David Sedaris. This guy is hilarious. It's a book of short stories/essays. My favorite is Six to Eight Black Men. I also ask people from other countries what their animals say. It's always different...
My first book was Angela's Ashes by Frank McCourt. I'm in search of the sequel 'Tis. Sad but triumphant book. I love Ireland and ripped through this one fairly quickly.
Now I'm reading The Island of the Day Before by Umberto Eco. I read Foucoult's Pendelum while travelling in Europe a few years (wow how time flies) ago and really like it.
Time to read.

No comments: