Saturday, January 28, 2006

lies, all LIES

a.k.a. Traci hearing something and believing it without checking facts. This weekend is NOT Korea's birthday--that happens in August. This is the celebration of the Lunar New Year. It made sense to me that it might be Korea's birthday b/c I didn't think Koreans would celebrate 2 new years and I went to a big party in Seoul on Dec. 31st. This one is celebrated by visiting family and the women cooking all day wearing traditional clothing. The children bow to their elders who in turn give them money. There is much eating and song singing. Several people have asked me if there are parades--not that I've heard of. I would like to see the ones with dragons and drums they have in China to celebrate the New Year---maybe next year.
In about 50 minutes we'll be leaving for the train station to go to Pohang. My mouth is already watering thinking of the delicious seafood we'll be able to enjoy!!!

No comments: