Wednesday, January 18, 2006

oh happy day!

I GOT A NEW PHONE!! It's great. It has a camera and an mp3 player--though I haven't figured it out yet and your basic phone and message settings. I've been playing with it all day and taking pictures of my kids. From what they say it has good games, too. My ring tone is hangin' tough! HAHAHAHA. I can't believe that's on there. Even though I despised NKOTB (so much so that I had to mouth the words in order to figure out the acronym) it's amusing to me to have the song as my ring. I might change it back to Super Freak though, or Smells Like Teen Spirit. How do they pick these songs?!
After school tonight, I came home and studied Korean again--I got a 22/22 on the verb quiz and a 19/20 on the noun test. I think it's because I'm the kind of person that remembers things visually. Therefore, I picture the word, not necessisarily how it sounds, and can pick it out of 2 other words. Going from English to Korean is going to be much harder. I'm not going to try that til next week. Making the note cards has helped a lot. I carry them with me and glance at them every now and again.
After a meeting, Beard and I went out to eat with Eun Gyoung. She drove us there--her first time driving to/in Gyupyeoung. We got to the restaurant and her boyfriend called. He thought she was with another man and so she had to leave--after we ordered. Not a big deal since her friend owned the place and we were starving. You'd think that her coming home wouldn 't calm him though. She really could have been with another guy and to him, we've been caught, see you next week. I don't see how things were solved by her going home. But, it's not my problem. What sucked is that we had to pay for the taxi home, instead of getting a ride. Next time we go out with her, without her boyfriend, we'll choose a restaurant closer to home. Just in case.
My cell phone (Korean pronunciation--hand pone) http://www.cyon.co.kr/good/product/product_view1.jsp?product_id=180&product_model=LG-LP4300&av_curpage=1
This link shows it in black, my is silver.

No comments: