Thursday, January 12, 2006

grr....ROAR

I HATE MORNINGS. REALLY. I'm past the point where I hurl my alarm clock across the room but I'm still just as pissed when it goes off. It doesn't matter how much sleep I've had or in what condition I've gone to bed. I hate all mornings equally. No discrimination here. Even if I know I'm going to do something extremely fun, I still hate getting up. I push snooze until I get annoyed hearing it every 4 minutes. FOUR!! Who in their right mind makes snooze go off every 4 minutes--that's barely enough time to go back to sleep (although I have mastered it). I've had this issue with mornings for as long as I can remember. My mom would yell up the stairs for about a half hour with with threats until I got out of bed. I went straight to the shower then back upstairs to sleep for another 15 minutes. In college the thought of how much money I was spending on each class woke me up a good 10 minutes before I had to be in one. Luckily we had a small campus. In WA I had a job that started in the afternoon but I would stay up late and STILL not want to get up. And now, in Korea, my job starts in the afternoon. I like to try to get up early b/c I'm teaching children and they shouldn't have to deal with my morning rage. I try to get up around 9:30 so I can have coffee, shower, wake up, run errands, eat. It takes a while when I keep crawling into bed every 20 minutes or so. No self-control--umm, yeah. Any suggestions?

No comments: