Friday, March 10, 2006

i'm sick

I've been sick now for a week. It started out slow-a few sniffles last Friday so I didn't go out hoping I could stop it before it got worse. I drank a Vita-C and drank OJ and lots of water. Saturday I was still sniffley but Greg and Bryan were having a housewarming party so I went and drank my fair share. I woke up Sunday and the cold had stuck. Sunday I stayed in bed and continued the OJ and water and added soup. Monday I was groggy and snotty but not feeling that bad. After work I stopped at the pharmacy for some cold medicine. Tuesday my whole head was clogged and my throat hurt so I went back to the pharmacy after work and got different medicine. Wednesday my director told me I should go to the hospital to get a booster shot. I said it was just a cold and I didn't think I needed to go to the hospital. And I have no idea what is in these miracle shots and am allergic to penicillin....
AND IT'S A COLD FOR CRYING OUT LOUD
Thursday I woke up feeling like absolute hell. I skipped the gym--I joined a gym by the way--and took a 2 hour nap. And we're back to today. I went to the gym this morning against my better judgement. I'm happy I did though b/c it gives me energy. My head is still completely clogged--it's hard to hear, smell, taste, speak clearly and I'm super groggy.
But I like the meds though. The recommended dosage is 2, 3 times a day. I learned from the last minor cold I had that 2 is WAY too much for me to take when I expect to function like a normal human being. I take 1 before work and 1 at work. When I get home I take 2. Taking two usually gives me restless legs for about 15 minutes but then I get really sleepy and I lay down and watch the crazy things that happen in my head. It's like a cartoon mixed up version of what happened during the day or what I've seen on TV. Weird.
time for lunchy

No comments: