Monday, January 08, 2007

monday monday monday

all in all it was a good day. I absolutely love my first class. I can't believe how well they speak English and how easily they repeat and more importantly remember what I say. Yesterday I made 2 teams--P&Q, A&B were getting way too old--and then i said fairly quickly, Mind your Ps and Qs. Katy repeated it right away and asked, "What does that mean?" I love hearing that so much more than, "Teacher, what?' So, i used the simple explanation--it means be nice. she thought it was great and giggled. Today Johnny was acting up as usual and she said Johnny! Mind your--teacher what was the letters? HA i LOVE it. My second class--Bunny class--isn't the best class in the world. However, I've come to terms with it and I no longer get angry. If they get out of control i Just talk to the kids who are paying attention and pretend the others aren't there. Eventually the troublemakers can't stand me refusing to give them attention and start asking to play a game. I remind them they have to be sitting nicely and there you go. It sounds a lot smoother than I can really pull it off...(chum chum chum).
Thursday we're going sledding with the wee ones. I hope there's fake snow b/c the small amount of snow that fell Sunday is gone except for the top of the mountain. It'll be interesting. I hope they give us time to go home and change before coming back to teach the afternoon classes.
This weekend will be anohter Gumi weekend. I was looking back to last year when I started this blog and there were tons of entries about trips we took. No wonder I didn't save as much money as expected! I'm definitley curbing the trips this year. At most 2 a month. The end of January were going to Taebaek (sp) to the winter/ice festival. And most likely soon after I'll be headed up to Seoul. Our friend Greg gets back the middle of Jan and my brother's friend Nick is going to be stationed at Osan starting the middle of Feb.
So far I've been good at not frivolously spending money. I've only bought one sweater since we've been back, no funny t-shirts at all. Then again, it's not really t-shirt weather...but no need to think that way! I also haven't been drinking as much. That's positive in more ways than one.
lets see if i can scrape up a random picture:


andy, katie, and james adams

me watching something apparently interesting and posssibly a bit scary. i think i look like a youngun in this picture. and it was before my latest piercing forced its way out of my ear.


me and beard in the sky bridge in Davenport. I'm still amazed this thing exists. wowza.

No comments: