Friday, February 17, 2006

it's been a while


I'm back! It's been a while, I know. We haven't been doing much this month so I don't have much to write about. I'm trying to get through this book--The Sun in my Eyes--and it's getting harder and harder to resist distraction. It's a decent book but the same things keep happening over and over.
Beard is riding his bike more. He just left to practice more, maybe on actual streets this time. Greg is with him so he'll be fine.
We have a fairly full weekend planned. Tonight Joan and I are headed to Christa's to watch a chick flick and then I'll meet Beard at home to see his friend in the Olympics. She's competing in the snowboarding bordercross. Her name is Lindsey Jacobellis. http://www.torino2006.org/ENG/IDF/ATH/606580.html If you want to check out her stats.
Saturday we might be going to a Korean wedding, Eun Gyung's aunt. She was going to see if it was ok if we tagged along. From what I hear of Korean weddings, they're short and sweet and all held in one room--wedding and reception. And there is a HUGE screen behind the couple that pans the crowd. I can't find a picture of that but above is Beard and I in traditional Korean wedding garb. I can't figure out how to make the picture be here. Any suggestions?
After the wedding, if we can go, we're going to Daegu for Joan's birthday. There's a tourist hotel that has an all you can drink and all you can eat buffet for 16 bucks!! 5pm-9pm. Whoa. We might spend the night in various clubs/bars in Daegu and take a morning train home, if we're not completely comatose.
Sunday will be a clean the apartment and maybe go grocery shopping day. Sunday night we have a bowling rematch with Eun Gyung and the tae kwon do teacher from her boyfriend's gym. Last time we lost at bowling so we paid and they paid for beer and chicken afterward.
February is the end of the public school year here. My kids all start a new grade in March. I ask them if they like the new teacher they will have and they all say they don't know. I found that odd because I knew who I was going to have the next year and knew that teacher's reputation. Here the teachers teach different grades every year. So this year you teach 6th grade and next year maybe 3rd. I like picking a grade and sticking with it, but maybe because that's just what I'm used to.

No comments: