Wednesday, July 15, 2009

miso soup

I made miso soup for the first time today. I've made the packets before but the other day we bought the soft, keep in the fridge miso so today i thought I'd give it a try. The directions said to boil some kelp and some other green thing we don't have in 4 cups of water. I had neither so i substituted onion. not a surprise as i love onions. I brought that to a boil and added tofu and 3 tablespoons of miso. The package said 4 but...I didn't want it to be too salty and figured I could add more later if need be, best to be conservative with salty things. I looked in the fridge for some greenery and found half of a zucchini and chopped that up. I let that all simmer a while longer before adding 2 sheets of dried seaweed. It was delicious. When I ate the soup again 3 hours later, I reheated it with leftover rice. Good stuff.



So maybe it doesn't look so good in the photo but it was tasty.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

This looks horrible. I like all the substitutions though; very creative.