Sunday, April 20, 2008

yeah!

so...
if you remember WAY back in 2006 when my toshiba laptop took a shit, i thought i had lost everything. all my pictures, music, etc.
THEN in late 2007 Angie took me to the electronics market in daegu and a wonderful man there put my 80gig hard drive into a box and MAGIC i had access to all my old stuff.
Immediately upon returning back to our apt in gumi, i plugged in my old hard drive into beards PC and copied all my photos to CD. I had assumed that I couldn't plug it into my mac without losing everything. Beard talked about dreams of networking our computers and la la la. i started downloading music, copying friends cds, etc in korea to make up for my severe lack of music. i forgot about my old hard drive and that was that.
we moved back to WA. i unpacked my old hard drive and we talked about networking again. Beard actually checked out books from the library on how to do so. We still have the books, but no networking.
Today I decided I was going to plug in the hard drive to my mac and see what happened. I expected warnings, weird noises, perhaps sparks. BUT NO! nothing! all my pictures are there and i can open them. all my music is there and i can play it.
IT'S AMAZING.
So, while beard is on the phone with windows help, i'm trying to play down my excitement that I'm able to access my old files.

No comments: