Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Hello World

It's been brought to my attention that I have not blogged since January. Ellen, this one is for you!
Last week was Spring Break. I went camping with Christy and Megan at Silver Lake State Park off of Mt. Baker Hwy in Maple Falls Tuesday night.




Wednesday, Timm rode his bike out (nuts) and Craig and his kids Keegan and Kaeliegh came out for dinner and marshmallows.


We sang songs and huddled by the fire.

C, M and I walked around the park Wednesday and found some nice cabins and a little trail. The lake is pretty nice too, except for all the goose poop.
Friday Chirsty and I went to a seminar about healing Native American children who have been sexually abused. We gained some new ideas and insight. It was one of slowest seminars I have ever been to. and no set schedule. i got to practice having patience.
Friday night Rick came over for dinner and he and Beard decided it would be a good idea to buy as much pork as possible and grill it all the next day. And that's what we did.


5 different bbq sauces and a rub. all delicious.



We boiled the meat first so it was good and tender.



we grilled 18 lbs and made our way through about 11--pretty good for 6 ppl.



Tara made an awesome coleslaw, too. BBQ pork and coleslaw--yum!



Sunday we (me, Beard, Tara, Sam, Delilah, Rick) took a hike to walk off some of the pork. We started at the N. Chuckanut Trailhead on the Hemlock trail and turned off on the Salal Trail. We were looking for the Madrone Crest trail and were probably on it but it wasn't posted.




We ended up back on the main trail and made our way back to the car. And since the pork was still on sale, we bought another package for the freezer.
Sunday night Beard and I had dinner with Stacia and Evelyn who work with Beard at the Border Policy Research Institute on campus. Good food, good company.
And now it's Monday--bah.
I have an interview today with David Davidson of BPRI to work for him this summer at the border. It's a backup job in case I can't work with a professor on research. I think it would be pretty interesting though. Interviewing people about what they are bringing over the border--I might even be able to sit in the little box.
Tonight I have training for teaching kids English online and then dinner with Beard and Rick. Kath's spring break is this week so she's headed to LA to see her parents.
Tomorrow class starts again....
Here are some more random pictures for your viewing pleasure.







2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you had a great time!! Nice pictures too...kinda surprised to see you eating pork! Keep up the posting, I have such a boring life I have to live thru you!! See you July 4th. Take care...love you! Ellen

Anonymous said...

der raum mit den d rmen, und die stimmen auf: eins zwei- drei die verwirrung war durch die stadt brannte an vielen pl tzen, und es so war das dienstm

listxmlfile