Monday, June 09, 2008

playing


So...I want to finish reading my book but it's taking a boring turn and I have laundry in the washer and don't want to fall asleep before it's done. I decided, why not blog.
This weekend we helped Kath finish moving. It went really fast b/c so many of our friends were there and we had already made so many trips with her parents. Everything's in and basically where she wants it. It's a sweet house. We found out this weekend that our friends Derick and Keri are pregnant. She's 35 and considered an elderly mother. I thought that was a bit odd.
Today I went with kath to a graduation party for her student, miguel. he's been living by himself and working full time in order to graduate. His mom lives in Mexico. He saved up 680 to buy her a ticket to his graduation and somehow she got the wrong visa and they wouldn't let her in. It was really nice of Kath to do that for him. She bought burgers and buns and pop and a graduation cake and a ton of her students came. I got to meet her Ethiopian students as well.
And now, I'm home. Beard's finishing up his essay questions--reluctantly. I think I'll make my lunch for tomorrow, finish up the laundry and head to bed.

2 comments:

JOLLY ROGER said...

HOW DO YOU DO... KOREAN

Intelligent design

The Korean government are forward thinkers. Some bright spark at the internal affairs office realised that instead of buying costly street sweepers they could just use bored middle aged women. Thusly every Korean mother or aunt is bowlegged, shaped like a question mark and smells of bins. But those street corners, wow.

...more at: lifestyleguides.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

hi traci,
trying again.:)