Sunday, July 22, 2007

hate is a strong word

but i'm going to use it in this instance. i hate the construction workers outside my bedroom window. i'm sure they're nice people but one can only be woken up at 7 for so many consecutive mornings before one is filled with rage. and it's not like they wake me up and then dont make any more noise. the noise is continuous until around 5 or 6. stone cutting, slamming shit around. dropping what sounds like boulders from the roof into a metal container below over and over again. pounding pounding pounding. one morning as i was coming IN from a night out, they started right as my head hit the pillow. i yelled at them. i know it didn't make any difference (it probably only made them want to make even more noise) but i'm fed up. they took a break for a week and i thought maybe it was over. but no. it will never end.
by the way, it's SUNDAY. no rest for the wicked.

1 comment:

comatose said...

Ha! You now understand Brian's and my 6 months of shear construction hell. (And then after I left they built like four other buildings next door... poor guy) I feel for you... I really do. In the end all I could do is walk to the window, shake my fist and watch them work at 7am on Sunday. The upside of it all is that I could probably build a decent apartment.