Sunday, August 20, 2006

sunday night again

Well--it's sunday night. Tomorrow starts our last full week of work at our respective hogwans. Shouldn't be too bad. I've become extremely lax with the children lately. I let them talk for longer at the beginning instead of starting right away. We always play games on review day (games involving review but games nonetheless). I give them candy when they finish their writing assignments. They love Starburst--"teacher, DELICIOUS! miguk candy?" I even let them eat candy in the classroom--they have to put the wrappers in the trash though so i don't get caught.
This weekend I didn't do too much. Friday night after tutoring I stayed in Bongguk and hung out wiht Christa, Greg and Bryan--and Mr.Oh who's been around an awful lot lately. Then to Christas where I found her copy of Dodgeball for her and we then proceeded to watch it. Got home before 3 and went to bed. Beard woke up early to head to Busan to try to surf. I woke up around 1030 and read for a bit. Then decided I should at least start packing things up to leave. Got rid of some clothes, packed some clothes i want to keep but not here and stuff to leave at home. packed one full bag and one almost full bag to leave at our new apt. now it's beards turn.
as much as i complain about packing, i kind of enjoy it. it makes me evaluate my possessions and simplify. Do i really need 3 scarves? need no, want yes more. i packed one--my 2nd favorite--to leave in IA. that way when i come back, whenever that may be--i have a great scarf to welcome me. i got rid of the one size too small pair of jeans i thought i would be able to fit into while here again since i didnt like spicy food. ha. news: ive been this size now for 6 maybe more years, i fluctuate about 10lbs depending on the date and i'm pretty sure that's not going to change one way or the other for some time. good bye pants. i also realized a lot of my clothing looks like it was made for someone in their 40s. i got rid of that too. well, i kept some, i'm ahead of my time. but i also packed some to leave in IA for when i am in my 40s.
saturday afternoon i taught at judys-2 hours of hte game of life. i really dont like that game. first off you don't get to choose if you're married or not and then you get stuck with children! fine for some people, but i like the option. baby boy and then family photograph?! geesh! i quit. no, we played it thru and it was fun for the kids--they speak english so well and using it in a fun setting is good for them. speaking of--here's some pictures of them from our vacation last tues.
or not...taking too long and im ready for bed.
later...

No comments: